Length Item Improvements:
- We now show the unit (ft) in the run length
- Changing an item by the foot will expand the pricing section. Don't forget to update the price and cost per foot!
- We are still iterating to improve this, but these will help make setting the length more intuitive
- Save the filters on the opportunity and project kanban boards to save the columns you want to view
- Save the filters on an opportunity and project activity (notes, tasks, and activity)
- You can now edit costs in the ordering process
- More responsive PO line items to show both product name and description
What's Next?We have some exciting new features we have been working hard on coming soon!
With this release, we will be adding the ability to quote from a set of images. Simply add your images to the locations, markup the images by dragging on products, and build out your bill of materials in the list design view. Don't forget to add them to the proposal to share with your client.
Visual Quoting Improvements
- Draw your own locations
- Rotate items on your plan view
- Remove length of run from by-the-foot items
- Support for 4 decimals in tax field for the odd counties that have these rates
In this release, we are releasing and announcing our first version of client selectable options! This is our most requested feature request and we are excited to share it with you!
Add options to items in your quote so your client can select from different options.
You can easily add these alternates from your quote. And you can save for the future, so the next time its added to the quote, it will be automatically included!
Would love to know your feedback, what we did right, what we did wrong, what we are missing? Please comment on the feedback item here.
- Using item alternates to provide client selectable options
- Add item alternates within your quote
- Manage alternates through alternate sets
- Upgrade your client's existing items
Q: Can I make an item optional, instead of just using options on items already in the quote?
A: Not today, but this is the next version of client selectable options. Keep an eye out for it in the roadmap
Did you know you can now add items to purchase orders in the orders tab? You can build a PO from scratch or you can add directly from the PO from a project or stock items from the catalog.
You can also change the shipping address with an improved shipping dropdown to more easily select from your company address or project address.
- Filter by Ownerin both the Opportunity, Project, and Clients page
- Filter by Client Typein the Clients page.
- Click to call on Mobile devices
- Updated the scroll and pan on Visual Quoting to match other design tools (scroll up and down instead of zoom. Hold the command/control key to zoom in and out)
- Improved the centering of items on the visual quote plan view
Create and add to orders from the Ordering tab. Previously, you could only add to a Purchase Order from a project or from the catalog. We have added a wizard to select from project, catalog, and then choose to add to existing or create new POs. Learn more.
- Add length of item to the item status view
- Update text to Add to or Create PO (you can add to existing POs or create new ones from the item status view).
Quote and Proposals:
- Proposal Download now named OppName-ClientName-QuoteName-Version
- Quote - Rename quote by clicking on a location or system name
Other UI Updates:
- Proposal - Display Order - Change text to Sort By instead of View By
- Project - Align columns on item status
- Proposal Share - Info tool tip explaining BCC
- Proposal - Rename attachments to attachments, whiteboards, & plan views (you can add plan views as attachments)
- Quote - Duplicate Quote name keeps same name, instead iterates version number
- Quote - Description - Show count of plan views (like we do with attachments)
- Ability to BCC yourself to the Proposal. This will send you the same email to you as the client, but they will not see you CC'd. You can then reference exactly what you said in your emails to them. This is in place of the Save Default Message. The default message will popup when you change the message.
- View whole product image by clicking to expand within the proposal sidebar
- Cleaned up Gallery and Attachments section in proposal
- Update to Project Payment Status Names to more industry specific status (won't change any status you have already set)
- Show all vs pending COs in Kanban card
- Also added comments and tasks count to card
- Ability to add a catalog (stock) item to a new PO (not just existing) from the catalog.
- Ability to edit label for who you are shipping it to (not just address)
- Include part number as part of the CSV export
- Clean up the add accessories areas
Limit functionality within the software by removing access to the following items.
- Manage account and subscription
- View all vs my opportunities
- View Item costs (margin, markup, profit, etc.)
- View all vs my projects
- Configure catalog (add items to catalog)
- Manage catalog (edit items within the catalog)
- Create and manage purchase orders
- Create and manage change orders
- View Reports
#Visual Quoting Takeoffs
We have taken all the work around visual quoting we did last quarter and capped off the quarter with the final piece that allows for quoting via takeoffs. Add allowances to your visual quote, and replace with specific products later. See more here
Manage project management term status on the proposal with Project Payments. Mark as In Progress or Paid or even Overdue.
We have added some small but hopefully impactful improvements for the proposals
- Hover States on line items to better show the item is clickable to view images, descriptions, and product resources.
- More spacing between system and locations groups to better visually differentiate between locations/systems
- Always showing the navigation on the left side as expanded to easier navigate the proposal
- Added Quote ID to the quote and optional on the proposal, next to the version so you can better reference each proposal.
- Show labor as a $ amount instead of time in the proposal (like within the quote)
- Product Resources included on each product in the quote and catalog, optional to show on the proposal. Gathered and managed by data team from partners
- Collapsible item sidebar in visual quoting to prevent the sidebar from getting in the way
- Dots for items when zooming out, or filtering on the system or the location
- Use Product Icons instead of the product images, learn more
- Download as PNG instead of print (better formatting for printing)
- Copy quote to create new opportunity instead of only existing opportunities
- Improvement around labor summary and intuitiveness
- Price tags (user set, supplier set, rule set) on products in quote (like the catalog)
- Add the ability to create new item from within the quote search
- Support .heic files as attachment (images from iOS iPhones and iPads)
- Add the pending change order count to the project kanban board
- Configure payment terms on a change orders
- Display Project and Opportunity IDs (Quote IDs coming)
- Better represent the opportunity/project name in the assigned task notification
- Include client type column
- Push won opportunities in Cloud over to SI with our new integration. We will be showing a webinar on June 18th to learn more about the integration.
- Added the total below the payment terms
- Markup image attachments without having to create a whiteboard
- Improved the user creation flow to more easily invite your teammates
For this release, we really focused on usability, intuitiveness, and bringing in plan views to be part of the quoting process.
- Updated quote banner has the same information, in a horizontal layout. Be sure to check this out on mobile as it is also more mobile friendly.
- Location/System/Phases sidebar - We brought out the locations systems, and now phases into its own sidebar so you can more easily navigate between them. You will also see a total that shows you what is in each of these groups
- Don't forget you can view by all items or even the unassigned items. You can still create sub-locaitons and created locations.
- Slight change to sidebar - notice we pulled out Quantity as a form element to make room for a Replace button in the action buttons. You can still change the quantity below above the price
- Replace any item with any other type of item. This means you can quote allowances and replace with products later. Stay tuned as we will use this in takeoffs and budgeting in the future.
- You will still be able to do the same things in your quote as before. Overivew project description, pricing summary, quoting, and plan views
- Plan views have been moved inside the Design tab that allows you choose between building out in a list quote or a visual quote (plan view).
- Add items in the catalog search in the top center
- Drag quote items on from the locations panel on the left (don't forget to show the locations bar)
- Updated toolbar in the bottom now includes the ability to add text, draw, and of course erase. The plan view settings have also been moved to the settings in the far right of the toolbar.
- You can still create multiple plan views, build plan views the same as before, and continue to attach to your proposals through gallery and attachments on your proposals.
Other features worth noting:
- UI improvements to the opportunity and project page. You can now edit inline without having to edit and save
- We have added suggested labor where you can be suggested our category labor amount instead of it being auto-applied to your products. Nice for new users and users who want to manage their own labor
- Updated our onboarding flow to be easier for new users
- Updated the proposal edit vs. preview tabs instead of the toggles