WYSIWYG Proposal Editing
What you see is what you get! You can now 'live' edit your proposals, no more toggling back and forth between edit and preview modes!
As always, we've made various bug fixes and performance improvements to keep Cloud running smoothly. Enjoy!
This release includes a host of feature updates to help you work more efficiently on projects.
As always, we've also made various bug fixes and performance updates to keep Cloud running smoothly. Enjoy!
Project Task Templates
Task templates save time by allowing you to save tasks groups and task sets as a template to be applied to future projects, goodbye tedious manual entry! You can also save tasks on a current project as a template to be used elsewhere, no need to recreate them to use this new feature.
Create a Template
Apply a Template
Project Time Tracking CSV Export
You can now export hours clocked by employees in project plan time tracking. This can be done for a single project in the Time Tracking tab or across multiple projects by navigating the the main menu Reports tab and selecting 'Time Entries' from the dropdown.
Stay Signed In
Simply check the 'Keep me signed in' box at login to stay signed into Cloud for up to 14 days.
We've made several performance enhancements and fixed a few bugs related to the new Project Management feature
We fixed a bug that was requiring clients to sign in to Cloud to view and download proposals
Cloud Project Management Suite
We are pleased to announce the release of our Project Management Suite of features. These new capabilities extend the value of D-Tools Cloud from the sales team to project managers and field technicians by adding:
Tiered User Types
Introducing the field user. Field users are available at a lower price point and unique experience that will allow them to focus on the project details that matter to them. The field user view is available on desktop but is optimized for mobile devices making it easier to work out in the field. The standard Cloud user has been relabeled 'Office User' with no other changes.
Field Users Can:
- Manage their assigned projects and related tasks
- Manage their labor hours including clocking in and out of tasks
- Update the status of items assigned to their tasks
- Attach photos and other files to tasks
- Update the team by utilizing the task chat function
Google has made some changes to Contacts. We've made the necessary updates on our end, all you need to do is disconnect and reconnect your Google Contacts account on the Cloud integrations page if you haven't done so already.
- Sharing proposal will now show coming from the current user, not the company owner or opportunity owner
- When only one open quote exists in an opportunity, it will default to included in the opportunity (you can still turn it off if you don't want it included)
- Ability to add multiple people to a ToDo when creating it
- PO Shipment tracking number updated
- Import CSV will require taxable so you can correctly mark products as taxable or non-taxable upon import
- Trial period is extended from 15 to 30 days
We have an exciting new feature coming soon. We are working on a large project management feature and are looking forward to sharing more as we get closer to launching! In the meantime, here are some quick wins to help make D-Tools Cloud a better experience.
- Easier to add labor to the labor section
- Update All instances is now more obvious so you know when you are editing multiple or individual items. We will continue to make improvements, so please let us know your feedback.
- Better responsive design on tablet and mobile devices, specifically on the layout of the Download and Accept & Sign button.
- Bring over contact information like address, email, phone when bringing over contacts from Google and QuickBooks Online
- Import Address when creating opportunity from contact
- Rename Task to To Dos - Why you ask? well we have some project management feature coming where Tasks will be much more detailed than our current To Dos :)
- The address auto-complete went down for a bit affecting opportunities, projects, clients, and purchase orders (anywhere you enter or view an address). This has been fixed and should work how it did before
- Can now hide Company Information from PDF download by hiding on the proposal
- Company email displays on the proposal
- Product resources are displaying again for products
- Payment term dates are showing again on the proposal
Change Order Improvements:
- Update All instances now exists on COs, but will only work on new items, not items existing in updated BOM on the change order. We are working on improvements to the update all instances setting as well.
- Change Order location and system descriptions are saving again
- Updated the filters to no longer be on the left side of the page and take up so much space. Instead, they will be in a horizontal row where you can select and apply.
- More Date options on the report filters. You can now filter by the last 12 months, last 8 weeks, or last 30 days. Of course, you can still use custom filters
QuickBooks Online Improvements:
- You can now search Quickbooks (and Google) contacts when you search for clients in an opportunity
- Pushing over estimates in QuickBooks Online will now include email address.
- QuickBooks Online now can push over on a tablet.
- Choose between the proposal change order or quote display format for a negative vs. accounting ($100) format.
- BCC yourself on proposals to share client emails with yourself blindly, and when you send to multiple, it will only send you one copy instead of all.
- Track PO Shipments through our new API integration with EasyPost
Visual Quoting Improvements
- See the entire location highlighted when clicking to add products to help confirm the location adding to
- Hover anywhere in location (not just borders) to show location
- Move the location name within the location
- Drawing with pen now reflects the tip of the pen (not upper left)
- Pull attachments directly from the opportunity (not just the quote) when adding to the proposal
- Reorganized the items sidebar to better group related items
- Added padding above location/system names to better see breaks between locations
- Show attachment names on hover (instead of being cut off and illegible)
Updated our UI Framework to Angular.IO
- This improves the product's performance
- Allows our engineering team to develop new features faster
- Opens door for new capabilities we can't wait to share with you
Some exciting new features coming soon. Be sure to see the In Progress column of our roadmap at https://feedback.d-tools.cloud/